Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Living with a tired brain

here i am thinking that there might be something useful to write, when in reality my brain is too tired to compose much of anything.
But this is a start.

I've been here with my parents now for just about 11 months and every day it gets a little bit harder. My dad has Parkinsons Disease, but he is doing okay. He can still take care of himself for the most part. We had to take away his driving priviledges a few months back, but he seems to have adjusted.
My mother on the other hand is tired, angry and not a little depressed with the hand life has dealt her. Listening to her weep with sadness the other day in the doctor's office just about broke my heart. She is losing so much at 84 - and is fully aware of her dwindling mental capacity.

The three of us take it day by day.


No comments: